We create a custom budget form for you and help you learn to make it the living document it must become in your financial plan. Your income is your greatest wealth-building tool, so tell it where to go, instead of wondering where it went! We’ll teach you a proven system to reduce debt and build wealth.
We work virtually with anyone around the United States using videoconferencing with Zoom or by phone and the shared documents in the cloud for the budget. Behavior change takes time so packages start with 6 months of education and supportive accountability and offer ongoing accountability and growth monthly as needed. We expect both parties in a couple to attend most of the sessions. We will meet for 1-1.5 hours, two or three times per month, as needed. Along with your sessions, you have access to support via phone, text or email. Don’t feel like you must go through this alone. Having a mentor who’s been there will help you achieve success much more quickly. You’ll achieve financial peace over time when you become intentional with your money. Your credit scores will improve as you pay bills on time and improve your debt to income ratio by paying down the balances on your credit lines and learn to live within your means, instead of paycheck to paycheck.
Achieving Financial Health
Although it’s never this linear, if our work was a class, it would look something like this:
The foundation to a solid healthy financial future is consistently applying a spending plan for your income
- Individuals and couples will learn how to maintain a zero-based budget for every dollar of income.
- We’ll create a customized budget for you using an Excel program that can be used for years to come.
- An initial assessment of your financial situation will be completed with (or including) your total debt and income.
- Learning to change your old habits can be challenging.
- Learn skills to use money in a healthy way.
- Maintain accountability to the goals you set for your future.
- Develop skills using cash, spending less, saving more, learning about interest.
- Pay off debts using a debt snowball method.
- Handle money in a responsible, healthy manner and reduce stress.
- Improve communication in marriage and set goals together.
Financial independence and hope of eventual retirement demands commitment.
- Live within your means.
- Save part of your income today for the future.
- Learn how to save for non-monthly expenses.
- Have an emergency fund that prevents you from returning to debt.
- Pay off debt and have investments in mutual funds and retirement plans to secure a worry-free future.
- Complete a post-assessment of your situation to see progress in debt reduction and increased savings.
Other issues impact your journey to Financial Health.
- Create a solid foundation to your wealth and reduce or eliminate your risk by having the right protection with appropriate insurance (Disability, Life, Auto, Health, etc.)
- Meet experts who can guide you further as you make progress along your path.
- Learn about and improve financial planning, estate planning, and tax planning.
- Discuss career path and options to increase your income to improve your overall financial picture.